- Do you day-dream or imagine yourself to be in a different time or place than you are right now? If so, how often and about what?
Yes. Very, very often. Like, VERY often. Every night before I sleep, every morning in the school bus, and at least 50 times in between or during classes when I get bored and have nothing better to do. Plainly put, I spend half my life dreaming. I fantasise about stupid things that I don't have, or can't ever have, in my life, and well, I don't feel like going into details. But one of them includes Joaquin Phoenix. :)
- Did you ever day-dream or let you imagination run away with you as a child? If so, about what?
Probably. I can't remember.
- Do you consider day-dreams and other uses of the imagination healthy mental exercises, signs of insanity or something else entirely?
Depends on what you're day-dreaming about. Generally, they're healthy mental exercises, but some of my day-dreams can definitely qualify as signs of insanity.
- Do dream when you are asleep (in that, this means do you have dreams that you can remember while you are sleep?)
Yeah. I write about dreams a lot. It bothers me when I can't remember my dreams.
- Would you say that most of your night time dreams are of a positive or negative nature?
- Have you ever tried to force yourself to day-dream or have a dream at night about something? If so, what?
I don't, and can't, force myself to day-dream. It just happens. I think a lot, and when I do, I day-dream unconsciously about stupid things, and most of the time, I force myself to stop. I have tried to force a night-dream, but I have learnt that it never works. I wanted to have a nice dream involving the guy I can't stop thinking about, but I ended up dreaming about my Sec. 2 English teacher.
- Do you believe in hidden meaning in dreams or that they are merely manipulations of subconscious thought?
I believe dreams hold an important significance to the dreamer. Jeff did this psycho-analysis for me based on that weird Joaquin/Jackie Chan I had, and it was eerily accurate. And sometimes, I find that the things I dream about do come true.
- Describe your favorite or least favorite dream that you have ever had?
One of my favourite dreams is this one involving Joaquin Phoenix. I wrote about it here. It's titled "dreaming of joaquin". I hated that dream when I killed someone, and got myself slashed, because I could really feel the pain of the knife digging into my skin, and the stupid guy who slashed me made sure he REALLY pushed the blade in. I can still remember the feeling. It's horrible.
Submitted to Saturday 8.