1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?- Worked as a lawyer, including all the court-going and letter-signing whatevers.
- Get called to the bar, which I hope to never do again
- Went for some intestinal scope which was really, really gross
- Watched the Backstreet Boys live in concert
- Left a job and got another one exactly the same as the one that I left
- Fell asleep watching movies in the theatre, like "Up in the Air"
- Played tennis with people from work
- Saw Borobudur. It was amazing.
- I was really just my usual boring self the entire year.
- I also sustained a random injury, presumably from playing tennis, which is cool I guess, if you're into the whole "omg my first sports injury1!11!!!" shit and all, which I'm not, so it just sucks.
- Hung out with my boyfriend's friends
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any. This year, I resolve to strive at happiness and dig myself out of the hole in which I'm stuck.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Indonesia and Taiwan.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Definitely some sort of fulfillment on the work front. I also need to watch Roger Federer live this year - we're getting closer to his retirement and I need to watch him live before he hangs up his racquet.
That aside, I desperately, desperately need to start writing again.
Since we're on this topic, having a better forehand would be nice too. And more topspin and consistency on my backhand. And hopefully finally get myself a slice and some volleys, not to mention an actual, proper serve.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I think probably the day I was told that I was not retained (March 4 2010? I think) at the previous firm. Unlike most people, I felt very happy when I was told the news - liberated, actually hopeful, as if I could do anything I wanted in the world. Of course, the instant I had that opportunity, I squandered it by putting myself right back at where I did not want to be. But I don't regret the latter decision because if I hadn't done it, I would always be wondering about the "what if". That said, I think I need some hope again, and to feel like how I felt when I suddenly had (seemingly) limitless possibilities once more.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Honestly? Absolutely nothing.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Sigh. Where I'm at now, pretty much.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yup. Infection in the intestines, weird twitching in the left eye (that persists still), and my lovely tail bone's injured ligament.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My current racquet, the Wilson K Factor K Bold.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Everyone, but Mag stands out in particular. I don't think I would have survived the job if it weren't for her.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My brother. Oh my god, my brother. Annoying clients at work, certain people in the office...
14. Where did most of your money go?Tennis outfits for sure.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Indonesia for sure. I also got excited about my future but I killed that for myself pretty fast, so there you go.
On the tennis front, I got really excited about the Davis Cup final. This is note-worthy because it did not involve Roger at all.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Empire State of Mind - first thing that comes to mind. But this is only because Racquet Channel used it for the US Open commercials and they were played ALL THE TIME during the matches. Too bad Nadal had to win it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
You know, I think I'm sadder. But that's gonna change.
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
Richer lor. Got money what.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?Saw more of the world, wrote more, exercised more self-control and not give in to my cravings for unhealthy and fattening foods so much.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?I wish I'd spent less money but that's really quite facetious because...I just like buying myself things that I want to buy myself.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It was nothing fantastic.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. How many one night stands?
Not my thing.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Chuck and Vampire Diaries. I also really liked Pretty Little Liars. And I started watching The Bachelorette.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Definitely Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin, followed by Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Er, I don't know. I didn't really want anything meaningful.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Inception. I honestly don't remember much else.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Um wow. Oh, Wei Chuen brought me to like, Intercontinental Hotel for high tea, which was really bad. Then we went back to his house. Then we had dinner with family, some Penang buffet. It was good.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
See answer to question 29.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
This is a really stupid question.
34. What kept you sane?
The thought that there's a flash of light at the end of the tunnel - and it's not the headlights of an oncoming train.<<< Agree with last year's answer.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Roger Federer. I love him sooooooo much,
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I really enjoyed WikiLeaks, but I wasn't really "stirred" by much. This is worrying.
37. Who did you miss?
Mr Sunday. :(
Okay, seriously, no one.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Senior Associate and Junior Partner. Probably the latter.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Money is fucking overrated like fuck.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.