I hate Contract cases. From last semester till now, I've read a grand total of four cases. And they were extracts from the Contract casebook. I'm great, aren't I? I think so too. It's even more amazing that I'm even bothering with capitalising the 'c' in 'Contract'. Ugh, whatever.
Anyway, I'm currently quite in love with Bush. The UK band, not the American president - duh. I don't like ALL of their songs from their album The Science of Things (which I bought quite a few years ago), but I like the majority of the songs, espeically The Chemicals Between Us (which I've liked since, I don't know, forever), Jesus Online, Warm Machine, Letting the Cables Sleep (once again, which I've liked since forever), Space Travel, 40 Miles from the Sun. Better still, I love their lyrics, especially The Chemicals Between Us. Seriously, that song is probably the sexiest, lonelinest song I've heard to date. Add the lonesome, sexually-frustrated lyrics to the raw guitars and you get a masterpiece.
Or okay, somewhere close. Or something.
I'm quite tired of the songs in my mp3 player though, so much so that I ripped the songs from my Matchbox 20 CD into it. Like, what? Matchbox freaking 20? Talk about desperation. I need new CDs. Recommendations, anyone? I don't like heavy metal, I've weaned off A Perfect Circle, I'm this close to getting tired of Nirvana (gasp!), I'm not too fond of hard rock (i.e. where the lead 'singer' tries to pass off ramdon blood-curling screaming as 'singing'), I can't stand suicidal rockstars anymore and this includes Nine Inch Nails and Manson, but I do like alternative stuff like...um, Bush, and some Placebo. And Pete Yorn, but I didn't buy his second album and I don't intend to. I don't like "emo" crap, I'm over Coldplay, I've never liked Oasis, and...yeah. I need new music. Do you think HMV sells Ringside? 'Cause I really like that song Tired of Being Sorry. And Stereophonics! I really like the lead singer's voice. And um, no, I don't know his name.
Uh, so I'm just rambling. Are there any credible (i.e. non-mainstream) Chinese rock bands anyway? Where do you go to discover these things? I like Chinese songs but I hate Mandopop, and I hate F.I.R. 'cause all their songs sound the same and they have that J pop feel and I hate J pop, and I don't particularly fancy Mayday, even though one of their members is quite cute.
Wait, then again, I hate pop - period.
Except Jielun, of course.
Sigh. I so don't want to study. I'm so over this whole exam thing and Contract is SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS.
To waste even more time, I shall type out some of my favourite Veronica Mars quotes, those that I can remember off the top of my head. Standard spoiler warnings apply.
(from "Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough")
Veronica: What's your poison?
Logan: Emotionally unavailable women.
(from "Leave it to Beaver")
Lamb: You said you were in Mexico on the night of Lilly's murder. Why?
Logan: How many episodes of NYDP Blue did you have to watch to get that finger-tapping down?
Lamb: I asked you a question.
Logan: And I ignored it and moved on. Keep up.
(from "Hot Dogs" - I think)
Logan: Then Round One of How Well Do You Know Your Son. When's my birthday?
Logan: Wow. You got a vowel right.
(from "Credit Where Credit's Due")
Veronica: Weevil, your grandma's in prison.
Weevil: Are you reminding me? 'Cause I almost forgot.
Veronica (voiceover): This is my school. If you go here, your parents are either millionaires, or your parents work for millionaires. Neptune, California - the town without the middle class.
(from "The Girl Next Door")
Vice principal Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word.
Logan: Anthropomorphic. All yours, big guy.
(from "Russkie Business")
Logan (to sister Trina): But if you're coming home, who's gonna play Dead Hooker #2 on CSI next week?
Weevil (to Veronica): If you get lonely out here, remember: Weevil love you long time.
Weevil: You, say you're sorry.
Logan: Rub a lamp. *winks*
Cliff: Your dad's out chasing bail jumpers half the time, and somehow, all the cases still get handled.
Veronica: We're efficient.
(from "Clash of the Tritons")
Veronica: The case is fuzzy and circumstantial!
Keith: You know the odd thing? Those were also her very first words.
(from "Credit Where Credit's Due")
Veronica: Just as God made me.
Logan: Do you have any idea what your little joke cost me?
Veronica: Well, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting your bong back.
Logan: Wrong answer. Care to guess again?
Veronica: Clearly your sense of humour.
Logan: Nope. My car. My daddy took my T-Bird away. And you know what I won't be having? Fun, fun, fun.
(from "Meet John Smith")
Veronica (voiceover): Tragedy blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.
(from "A Trip to the Dentist")
Logan: What can I do? What can I do to make it up to you?
Veronica: I'm going to find out who did this to me, and I'm going to make them pay. Even if it was you.
That's pretty much the result of watching a TV show at least six times. I would go on, but alas, Contract beckons, rather unappetisingly. I bid you adieu, but just for now.
I love Veronica Mars.
Edited to add at 8.02 p.m.:
I just re-watched again those two emotionally-charged Logan/Veronica scenes from the latest episode and I have a few more things to say:
1. Why can't they catch a freaking break? I love angst as much as the next person but seeing them hurting is as good as me hurting. It tears me up inside to see Veronica's heart being shredded to pieces, just when she finally convinced herself to quit running away. V and I are a lot alike in that department, we are. Except I...nevermind, doesn't matter.
2. I thought Logan sounded kind of weird when he was giving that confessional speech to Veronica at his alterna-prom. It didn't strike me why I thought he sounded weird until now: He Was Drunk. Duh.
3. I didn't fully notice this the first two times, but after Veronica's confession, the look of horror on Logan's face as he realises the magnitude of how badly he fucked up again is enough to kill. I'm nailing him as the villain here because I've never identified more with Veronica than I do now, but in truth, he's hurting just as much as Veronica - possibly even more. When they were dating he told her that he was in love with her, and her response? "The things some guys will say to get to second base." (Or something like that.) I'm no expert in this department, but when you fall in love with someone you don't fall out that easily. And for a person who desperately seeks love and would do anything for it, I find it impossible to believe that Logan miraculously managed to turn his feelings for Veronica off the whole time they were apart. His feelings have always been there, lurking somewhere in the hidden recesses of his heart (and yes, he has one), and alcohol helped him pour it all out. And so when he realises not just that what he's been wanting for so long has just eluded him again due to something stupid he did, but also that he's truly hurt her this time around...well, let's just say, if he ends up killing himself I wouldn't be too surprised. I'd be mad, but not surprised.
4. Ruined lives and bloodshed. That's Veronica/Logan in four words.
5. The acting. I haven't seen more phenomenal, heart-wrenching acting on TV than what Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring produced for those two scenes. The honesty, the rawness of the emotions, the vulnerability. Took my breath away.
6. LOGAN AND VERONICA 4EVA.
Edited to add at 8.45 p.m.:
You know, as much as I love VM for its complex and intricately-woven plots, as much as I hate teeny soap opera-ish "dramas", I wouldn't mind too much if VM morphs into Ruined Lives and Bloodshed: The Logan and Veronica Romance one day, as long as the superb writing remains.
I can still remember how I flipped out when Veronica and Logan first kissed in Weapons of Class Destruction. It happened out of the blue, taking the two of them and the viewer by the surprise. I didn't see it coming at all, and when it happened, it was the most obvious thing in the world. The spontaneity of the situation, the intensity of the kiss, the confusion written plainly on their faces - oh, my, god. An epic love story, indeed. And the way she was grabbing onto his shoulders...
Damn, they really make you forget it's just a show at the end of the day.
And damn, I'm still not studying. I can't stop thinking about Veronica Mars (the show) and about LoVe! Argh I'm going mad.
Oh shit I just realised that the Contract exam is on Wednesday from 1 to...whenever! Shit shit shit! I have to rush home to download the penultimate episode then. And I'm going out on Thursday! Shit must leave my laptop on to download or else...I will die. Oh my god I cannot wait for the Season 2 DVD to be released!!111!one!1one!!1!
Um yeah it's quite bad that I don't even know how long the Contract exam is. I hope it isn't 3 hours 'cause I really don't need that much time; I bet, in fact, that I can "finish" the paper in 15 minutes. Bwahahaha. It's not supposed to be funny, but it is.